Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Grandma's 90th Birthday. June 2010
"All Because two people Fell In Love"
 
 
Our Sweet Grandma went to Heaven October 7, 2012, same day as Grandpa 8 years ago. Grandma was such a sweet lady. I am thankful I was able to grow up around her and thankful that my boys knew her. Grandma was an amazing lady to say the least, I never heard my Grandma say anything bad about anyone, she really did Love everyone. Grandma was a true example of a Christian Woman. She loved Unconditionaly, She never judged. I am thankful for all the wonderful memories of my grandma and grandpa.  As a young girl, for 3 Summers I would go with my grandparents to Alpine and stay for weeks in the summer. Grandpa and Grandma were hosts on the Black River. Grandpa and I would fish and Grandma sure could cook a "mess" of the trout and biscuits. I will forever Cherish those memories. My brother, sister and I were very close to our Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma had 7 children and 58 Grandchildren. Grandma never complained she was always content with what she had. Grandpa and Grandma raised  their family in a little 2 bedroom home, the 3 boys stayed outside in the "little house" and the 4 girls shared the other bedroom. So when I think need a bigger house, I think of my Gradma and how she raised a wonderful family in a tiny house and she was thankful for all she had. Grandma was an inspiration to all who knew her. Grandma also treated all of her Grandchildren like they were all special!  Grandma liked to cook, sew and play the piano.  I remember many times as a little girl I would go to Grandmas and bake with her, I especially remember making molasses and sugar cookies. Grandma made the best pies. I remember Grandpa often requesting Blueberry pies. She made the best coconut cream from scratch. Labor day I was able to spend the whole day with Grandma, just her and I, so I got her recipes out and she gave me recipes.  Grandma took pride in her home and family. Every year since I was 1, we always trick or treated at grandma and grandpas, they always had the best candy, and grandma was always so excited to see what we had dressed up as. Chris and I kept the tradition going and took our boys to Grandmas every year since they were born. Many years Grandma would have many of her Great Grandkids come to her house on Halloween. We also spent many Holidays with our Grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment